Contact Us

Type your name!.

Type your email address!.Invalid email format.



Enter security code above.

submitting this indicates you understand the disclaimer


Follow Us Daily
Facebook Twitter YouTube

Fake ID/Misrepresentation of Age

If you have been caught using a fake ID at a Washington, DC bar, night club, or liquor store, and charged with misrepresentation of age, you are probably worried about what this means to your future.  You are probably asking yourself some following questions:

1. Will I go to jail?
2. Will I have a criminal record?
3. What will my parents say?
4. Do I need to hire a lawyer?
5. How much will a lawyer cost?
6. Can the charges just be dismissed?

As a Washington, DC criminal defense attorney who handles fake ID cases, I would like to try and answer some of those questions.  First, if you were taken to the police station and held in a holding cell after being booked, that is probably the only “jail” time you will see.  Misrepresentation of age in Washington, DC is a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of a $300 fine and a 90 day suspension of your driving privileges if convicted.

It is important to remember that an arrest for using a fake ID does mean that you will be convicted and a have a criminal record.  There are a lot of things your DC criminal defense attorney can do to help you avoid a conviction for using a fake ID.  He may be able to negotiate a community service diversion where you agree to complete a set number of community service hours at one of over 30 approved non-profits in the District and payment of a fine in exchange for all charges being dismissed.  There is also the possibility of a deferred prosecution agreement (DPA) or a deferred sentencing agreement (DPA), all of which can result in no convictions on your record.  Keep in mind that your life is not over, and there is a lot that can be done to allow you to move past this.

If you have been charged with using a fake ID in Washington, DC or any other DC crime, contact The Law Office of Daniel A. Gross, PLLC for a free consultation by calling (202) 596-5716 or by filling out an online contact form. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards are accepted.